Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

regarding Jonathans question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kubera

kubera

regarding Jonathans question Empty
PostSubject: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 7:55 am

Last night Jonathan asked if we wanted to continue with the high guys or go back to the low guys.

I don't mind spending more time on the high guys but I would like at least to role play the big priest party for Cirda, so I can advance Hiatus time and get some things done in town. Making it easier for us to go off and do stuff in the knowledge that the town is more secure.

If jonathan requires time to source high modules ,then we take some low level commissions after I get the builders started, which I have not finalized yet. If we are going to advance the time line for the low guys with no action , please decide what your guy intends to focus on durring that time. This way we know how much labour is available for building or how many drill sargeants we have for troop training etc.

So folks please pick a job for accounting purposes for the time we will be inopperative.

Do you want to build something?

Do you want to role play your own embasy somewhere? (we should introduce ourselves in Celene and more of the south countries.)

Do you want to spend a year learning sailing and comand so we can safely use the boat without worrying about a hired captain?

Do you want to Train troops?

Do you simply want to do the occassional patrol and debauch the locals?

Are you going to spend the next year in Greyhawk brothels while the rest of us undermind your position in Cirdastan?
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
Regnar

Regnar

PostSubject: Re: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I don't mind 'retiring' the high-level guys ... now that Regnar is a Ranger Lord, and will attract followers, it might be appropriate for him and the lovely Bronwyn to settle down a little on one of their estates (if they are still in tact) ...

As for your question of duties for low-level guys ... Well, i think SOloman is suited for only one, rather important and skill, specific job: ambassador! Let's get him set up somewhere where he can use his quick wits and silver tongue to make things nice with Cirda and other regions.... I'm thinking Greyhawk! king
And Soloman depserately wishes to improve his own skills ...! He has a mission he wishes to embark on in the future!
Back to top Go down
kubera

kubera

PostSubject: Re: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:23 pm

I was not intending a full retirement but I don't know how extensive the supply of uber modules is, at some point I guess we would be forced to retire.

Of course being older and married might make your pair quit but with no land, no squeeze and no purpose SADECH is not at that point yet.

Low guys,, I'm open for helping on others personal quests and we certainly have the resources $$$$ to reconoiter anything you'd like to attempt, previous to committing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

PostSubject: Re: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 6:09 pm

I think alternating the parties is the best way to "keep it fresh". My vote is to revisit the low level folks for at least a couple of sessions. Maybe by then Mailed Fist (tm) will be ready.

I would prefer not to retire the high level party. I am enjoying the characters. We must find a way to keep them going even if it means creating our own adventures (easy to say - hard to DM). Since Lalanne has Played or DM'd 75% of the Greyhawk dungeons - this could be really challenging (unless he were to DM for an adventure or 2).

I have never played Inverness but, understand it to be a fantastic dungeon. I would love the chance to run through that. Dungeonland is a ridiculous piece of shite if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:15 pm

I vote for the campaign for which Jonathan is best prepared.

Otherwise, I don't have a preference at this time.

I can think of things for my low-level guy to do.
Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Wilhelm wrote:
[...]

I have never played Inverness but, understand it to be a fantastic dungeon. I would love the chance to run through that. Dungeonland is a ridiculous piece of shite if I remember correctly.
Of our current group, I know that SH also went through Ghost Tower of Inverness, but I'll bet he doesn't remember enough of it to give the party an advantage; after all, this was 26-27 years ago. Then again, SH may not be present if we run it, anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
Regnar

Regnar

PostSubject: Re: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 am

Laughing true ...
Besides, I don't remember half the ones I DMed as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: regarding Jonathans question   regarding Jonathans question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

regarding Jonathans question
Page 1 of 1