Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

while we wait

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kubera

kubera

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:15 am

So we've got about 2 weeks to kill while we wait for our magical tour guide to meet up with us

I intend to use that time to add a few new spells to my known category .. I don't remember how fast you allow learning a spell. let me know how many spells or spell levels etc I can attempt to roll for in 2 weeks.

I will Wait for a wish caster if any

spend some book time, and time in the adventures guild chatting, trying to get a feel, or specifics of what's going on in the Iuz zone.

Willhelm intends on training

Brownwyn offered to identify our items

What is anyone else doing?

May as well do what we can via mail
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Mogar will be training if his XP award is sufficient.

Also, with my newfound youth and 19 comeliness, I'll be seeking primo female companionship. So will Mogar.
Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
kubera

kubera

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:13 pm

I've got dibs on the crab....

Hey baby wanna come see my crab sub?

We should all try to marry up and over throw the aristocracy.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:24 pm

kubera wrote:
I've got dibs on the crabs....
Sorry, the ladies Mogar seeks are of a higher class.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:47 pm

I definitely have the experience to go up one level. I will study for one week. If there is more xp than I'm expecting I will study for 2 weeks to add the 2nd level (quite unlikely). Assuming I only go up one level I will then do the following with the extra week.

Serious things...

I will spend the rest of my time sourcing (or asking MUs in our party) more continual light arrows. I will visit the alchemist in hopes of acquiring potions - targeting the following: flying, extra healing, giant strength, inviso and polymorph. I will also look for metal flasks (empty - for potion containment - asking if they will screw up the potion before I transfer).

Educate myself on Vatun and on Iuz (use the library card and Bard College).

Mend/repair any equipment in need.

Spend a few hours meditating/praying/thinking about dream singer and see if I get a warm fuzzy on where it is.

Go shopping at magic store... Seek out arrows of slaying - I may purchase dependent on what's available (I will no doubt find arrows of Kobold slaying). Look at what else is avail (+1 daggers all over the place) especially interested in musical instruments (drums of panic, horn of Valhalla, etc...).

Go to woods near Greyhawk and cast animal friendship on a bear or other larger and tougher animal inhabitant (follow up with a charm Mammal spell. Buy a horse and do the same thing with it. Find a bird (any) and do the same thing with it. The horse will be my mount (until the DM incinerates him). The bear just has a certain wow effect. The bird can do some scouting (I will have to cast speak with animals for the reports). The bird and horse should be straight forward. I will spend hours, not days, looking for a bear.

If time allows...

See if I can get myself booked to play a gig at the Greyhawk opera house.

Use my high Charisma, High Comeliness and Bard poetic powers to score with the chicks (the only upside to being a Bard).

Start an archery tournament
Back to top Go down
Bruzynski

Bruzynski

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Do we know what direction we will ultimately head? I don't really feel like waiting around for something to happen and prefer to start on the road right now. If I walk, I can take a round about route and meet you guys in some city farther west in say two or three weeks? Or I can act as an advance scout and mark a trail across the wilderness of need be. Regnar and Bronwyn could join me if they are not waiting for information or training.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:44 pm

On your own your a target, as a member of a team you are a force to be reckoned with.

Your early departure would leave yourself and those you leave behind more vulnerable in their travels.

Although we know the direction is West, Canestin Kerasten will be arriving in 2 weeks with better directions than we have now.

Find something to do in Greyhawk or it's vicinity. Venturing on your own could be wreckless.
Back to top Go down
Bruzynski

Bruzynski

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:26 am

A lone priest of Fharlanghn? I'm not so sure that the lands are that dangerouse that a priest of the open road cannot travel where he wishes. Fharlanghn will watch over me, and if need be I can always run away from that which chases me.
Back to top Go down
kubera

kubera

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:52 am

Go for a walk to Hardby and back,, administer Fharlanghn's blessings on those who travel the roads. Find a less skilled bretheren of the faith and coach him for a time or offer him/her the opportunity of in the field tutalage.

All worthy uses of a priests time.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Bruzynski wrote:
A lone priest of Fharlanghn? I'm not so sure that the lands are that dangerouse that a priest of the open road cannot travel where he wishes. Fharlanghn will watch over me, and if need be I can always run away from that which chases me.
We should be able to contact you if our plans change.
Back to top Go down
kubera

kubera

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Eventually in some campaign we will get our shit sorted out, pool our money and buy/have made cell phones.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Quote :
Eventually in some campaign we will get our shit sorted out, pool our money and buy/have made cell phones.

4th Level Spells

Cellular Telephone (Evocation)

Range: Unlimited
Components: V, S, M
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of affect: The spellcaster and one chosen creature
Saving Throw: None

This spell causes a two-way verbal communication link to be established between the Spellcaster and a chosen recipient. The recipient must be known to the spellcaster. Periodic breakdowns or dropped signals can occur dependent on the physical location and terrain that either party is in (see table below). This spell will not work underground and requires the spellcaster and recipient to be able to speak and understand each others language. While using this spell both the spellcaster and recipient can engage in other activities at a -4 penalty.

The material components for the spell are gold pieces which are consumed with the casting of the spell. 50gp is needed to establish the link an additional 1gp is required per round to maintain the link. The spell cost may be less on weekends and after 8pm on weeknights. Additional costs for 911 service and system activation may also apply.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:30 pm

Wilhelm wrote:
Quote :

4th Level Spells

Cellular Telephone (Evocation)

Range: Unlimited
Components: V, S, M
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 1 round
Area of affect: The spellcaster and one chosen creature
Saving Throw: None

This spell causes a two-way verbal communication link to be established between the Spellcaster and a chosen recipient. The recipient must be known to the spellcaster. Periodic breakdowns or dropped signals can occur dependent on the physical location and terrain that either party is in (see table below). This spell will not work underground and requires the spellcaster and recipient to be able to speak and understand each others language. While using this spell both the spellcaster and recipient can engage in other activities at a -4 penalty.

The material components for the spell are gold pieces which are consumed with the casting of the spell. 50gp is needed to establish the link an additional 1gp is required per round to maintain the link. The spell cost may be less on weekends and after 8pm on weeknights. Additional costs for 911 service and system activation may also apply.

:joker:
Ha ha!

Last time we played I was thinking of crystal balls as nodes of a quasi-Internet.
Back to top Go down
Bruzynski

Bruzynski

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Wilhelm wrote:

holy crap... That's a great plan. Mine cost nothing to connect but charges 10gp per round. And if I roam that goes up another 10gp per round. And to connect to someone on a different provider cost a finger in addition to the per round charges. Who are you with?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Final XP awards for last adventure   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Everyone is entitled to 11723 XP.

Rundown of magical item "scanning" shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Jonathan wrote:
Everyone is entitled to 11723 XP. [...]
:redlightblinking:
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 pm

To be clear over the last sessions we have received...

And now we are receiving an additional 11,723. Will there be more for magic items or is that all in? I'm not sure what you meant by Rundown of magical item "scanning" shortly.

Either way, I will need to train for 2 weeks (not just one)!
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Doug, your listing is correct. This is experience obtained from monetary treasure, magical treasure, and combat experience not already tallied.

The following is the result of Bronwyn's identifying the magical items:

obtained in the orc city

Plate mail med. alteration
Shield med. alteration
Long sword med. alteration
Ring low abjuration
Potion clear, dark blue
Dagger high alteration
Wand weak evocation, command word 'es'
Pouch of Dust high illusion
Plate mail med. alteration
(black, etched)
2H sword med. alteration
Small stone high conjuration/summoning
(pink quartz)
Potion clear, blue
Plate mail med alteration
(black)
Chain mail med., alteration
Iron spear low alteration

obtained in the wilds of the Hold of Stonefist

Longsword (2) low alteration
Back to top Go down
http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm

At the culmination of my first week of training I will attempt to legend lore all items. At the end of my 2nd week I will attempt to legend lore them again.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Isn't Mizzab supposed to contact Wilhelm? How much time has passed? If he is overdue, I will look for him--along with anyone else who is interested. If he's not where he's supposed to be, I will ask around town by myself in the guise of a foreign wizard using my hat of disguise.

I will ask Bronwyn and anyone else in the party who might have access to archives and libraries in Greyhawk for their assistance in procuring use of those facilities to research Iuz, Vatun, the war, and the swords. I will use my magical disguise hat to assume the likeness of a visiting scholar if necessary.

To the party: it would be wise if everyone in the party knew where everyone else was. We should also inform each other of when we will return and where we will be at all times.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 pm

SteveL wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Everyone is entitled to 11723 XP. [...]
:redlightblinking:
Mogar will train. "One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four" (arm doing the pick-pocket motions).
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 5:07 pm

The last time Mogar went up a level was in Apr. 2002. Before that, Dec. 2000.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Quote :
Isn't Mizzab supposed to contact Wilhelm? How much time has passed? If he is overdue, I will look for him--along with anyone else who is interested. If he's not where he's supposed to be, I will ask around town by myself in the guise of a foreign wizard using my hat of disguise.

Forgive me but, who is mizzab? Is he the guy that sent us on the adventure (or should I say Iuz was disguised as mizzab). Canestin is the senior wizard we met with in the earlier part of the adventure and we are expecting him in 2 weeks. Carter passed a message to Mizzab's squeeze about getting in contact with us - I don't believe we have a timeline for his reply.

When you say "overdue" are you referring to me or someone else? if so who - Mizzab or Canestin?? I should not be overdue anywhere. I am in town training.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Wilhelm wrote:
[...]

Forgive me but, who is mizzab? Is he the guy that sent us on the adventure (or should I say Iuz was disguised as mizzab). Canestin is the senior wizard we met with in the earlier part of the adventure and we are expecting him in 2 weeks. Carter passed a message to Mizzab's squeeze about getting in contact with us - I don't believe we have a timeline for his reply.

When you say "overdue" are you referring to me or someone else? if so who - Mizzab or Canestin?? I should not be overdue anywhere. I am in town training.
Yes, Mizzab is the guy whom Iuz impersonated to recruit us to gather the swords to free Vatun. Because he hasn't (yet) responded to our meeting request (I'm not sure how long it's been), I was worried that something might have happened to him. Sadech suggested he may be out of town.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Thank you for the clarity.

Mizzab's girlfriend was not worried about him - it sounded like he had just recently gone out of town but; she would get word to him of Sadech's request to speak with him. There was no request for his immediate return.

We should be cautious as he MAY be in league with Iuz.

Putting paranoia aside for a moment - a search for Mizzab may be the appropriate first step in our adventure. The war is 10 years old, it can wait a bit for us to find the swords. Ensuring our friend is not in trouble may be required. This could be done by magical means if it would save time (scrying).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

while we wait Empty
PostSubject: Re: while we wait   while we wait Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

while we wait
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next