Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The value of conducting research before your trip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

The value of conducting research before your trip Empty
PostSubject: The value of conducting research before your trip   The value of conducting research before your trip Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 pm

While in London, I inadvertently passed a location with an interesting pop-music history. After taking a few pix of the infamous 50 Berkeley Square (located on the southern "corner" of Berkeley Square, approx. 800' NE of No. 12 Curzon, see map), I walked SW along Curzon St. but turned south onto Bolton St. If I had known, I would've walked 500 more feet along Curzon to No. 12, where Cass Elliot and Keith Moon died.

Quote :
London flat
Nilsson's 1970s London flat at 12 Curzon Street on the edge of Mayfair, was a two-bedroom apartment decorated by the design company that ex-Beatle Ringo Starr and Robin Cruikshank owned at that time. Nilsson cumulatively spent several years at the flat, which was located near Apple Records, the Playboy Club, Tramps disco and the homes of friends and business associates. Nilsson's work and interests took him to the U.S. for extended periods, and while he was away he loaned his place to numerous musician friends. During one of his absences, ex-Mamas and Papas singer Cass Elliot and a few members of her tour group stayed at the flat while she performed solo at the London Palladium, headlining with her Torch Songs and "Don't Call Me Mama Anymore." Following a strenuous performance with encores, Elliot returned to the flat to relax and sleep and was discovered in one of the bedrooms, dead of heart failure, on July 29, 1974.[2]

On September 7, 1978, The Who's drummer Keith Moon returned to the same room in the flat after a night out, and died from an overdose of Clomethiazole, a prescribed anti-alcohol drug.[2] Nilsson, distraught over another friend's death in his flat, and having little need for the property, sold it to Moon's bandmate Pete Townshend and consolidated his life in Los Angeles. [From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Nilsson]

Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
Jonathan

Jonathan

The value of conducting research before your trip Empty
PostSubject: Re: The value of conducting research before your trip   The value of conducting research before your trip Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:26 pm

All together now: D'oh!
Back to top Go down
http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1