Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bruzynski

Bruzynski

Fire drill law (calling all lawyers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)   Fire drill law (calling all lawyers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Oh, I agree with your first post. I read it as all conditions must be met.

If the fire drills are new, perhaps one floor above the third has been taken over by the government to house old people. Perhaps you should enquire as to why the sudden change.

Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)   Fire drill law (calling all lawyers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Bruzynski wrote:
Ok.

Why are you asking this question?
The fire drills are annoying and intrusive. This morning, gov't employees are entering each unit (not a real fire drill) to check fire devices and window latches, during which I had to put up with continual chatter on the P.A. box mounted in the apartment: "Testing all speakers. Test 1-2. Testing all speakers. Test 1-2. [Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz]".

Tomorrow is another fire drill, only 2 months after the previous.

Bruzynski wrote:
Oh, I agree with your first post. I read it as all conditions must be met.
That makes 4 people (you, a gov't friend, a gov't woman I spoke with, and me). (The U.S. lawyer wasn't sure, but was open minded about it.) Those who think and equals or might not be in the majority after all (kubera, Paul, 2 gov't employees--if memory serves).

Bruzynski wrote:
If the fire drills are new […] Perhaps you should enquire as to why the sudden change.
I'm not sure if there's been a change in fire drill frequency since we moved here.

Bruzynski wrote:
[…] perhaps one floor above the third has been taken over by the government to house old people. […]
I wondered about that, too, but I am unable to determine if every high-rise in the province is also subject to fire drills every 3 months, which would shed some light on how the law is interpreted. It's unclear why the infirm would require more frequent drills, or why drills couldn't be conducted for them alone. I've asked Regnar about his dad's building, DD about where he lived on Rowena, and my mum about my grandfather's condo in Etobicoke; am awaiting their answers.
Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)   Fire drill law (calling all lawyers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:46 pm

There was another fire drill today, the third of 2011. This doesn't even conform to the law, which calls for a drill every 3 months.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)   Fire drill law (calling all lawyers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Starting today, there will be a monthly fire sprinkler test in our building "as required by law". We may hear sounds from the alarm system during these tests, which are scheduled to run between 9 AM and 5 PM. (Didn't hear anything today.)
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)   Fire drill law (calling all lawyers) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:06 pm

SteveL wrote:
[…] I've asked Regnar about his dad's building, DD about where he lived on Rowena Cassandra, and my mum about my grandfather's condo in Etobicoke; am awaiting their answers.
No response from Regnar.

From DD:
Quote :
never had a fire drill. There was one actual alarm in the middle of the night, but that was not a drill. I do seem to recall that they tested the alarm from time to time, not sure how often, but I don't think it was more than once a year. But it was a day time test of the alarms, not an actual drill.
No drills--unless a test = drill. The building is 12 storeys; not sure if its height falls within scope of 3.2.6.1., though it seems to. Roughly, 12 storeys ~ 120 feet = 36.58 m.

My grandfather's condo has them frequently; possibly every 3 months.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)   Fire drill law (calling all lawyers) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire drill law (calling all lawyers)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2