Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program Empty
PostSubject: Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program   Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:00 pm

"Scouts Train to Fight Terrorists, and More", NYT, 14 May 2009.

Excerpt:
Quote :
The Explorers program, a coeducational affiliate of the Boy Scouts of America that began 60 years ago, is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence — an intense ratcheting up of one of the group’s longtime missions to prepare youths for more traditional jobs as police officers and firefighters.

“This is about being a true-blooded American guy and girl,” said A. J. Lowenthal, a sheriff’s deputy here in Imperial County, whose life clock, he says, is set around the Explorers events he helps run. “It fits right in with the honor and bravery of the Boy Scouts.”
Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
kubera

kubera

PostSubject: where was this?   Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Where was this when I was a kid? If I was allowed to play with firearms I might have joined the scouts.

So I wonder what happens if as a group of islamic scouts tried to join??? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program   Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:02 pm

I just noticed this post now. WTF? However, I always felt that the American Scouts that I met at Jamborees had a "paramilitary" aspect to them, especially their uniforms. This reminds me somewhat of the Nazi Youth organizations in Germany pre-WWII. Indoctrinate the kids when they're small and by the time they're old enough to question things, they won't.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program   Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boy Scouts of America has stormtrooper training program
Page 1 of 1