Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic Treasure Division

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Magic Treasure Division Empty
PostSubject: Magic Treasure Division   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:46 am

Just wondering what method is used for magic treasure division...

Do we roll for everything or is there some effort to make sure class specific items remain with those able to use them?

Do we try to make sure that everyone get's something?

From my standpoint I seem to have developed an aversion to hill giants and fireballs. Boots of speed (for maintaining distance from said giants) and ring of fire protection are the items I am looking for. I am wearing both of these currently but, realize they are part of the party loot to be divided.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Magic Treasure Division   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 am

The convention among our group is to dice for the items. That being said, people don't usually take something that they already have, or can't use, unless it's at the end of the divison, with nothing else to take.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/
kubera

kubera

PostSubject: sometimes   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:28 pm

In some cases we agree ahead of time to allow an item to go to the appropriate person and forgo their pick. This is an exception however not the rule.

We already augered about the tome of +1 level , and Bronywn (the only other person who could us it) did not complain so I would expect that I am forgoing first pick in order to recieve this item.

As long as someone else dissents, items go into the pool for all to chose, if someone wanted to be a dick and sell the book even though they could not use it, they would have that option. I've always lobbied for making sure we maximize the benifit of items but that said we cannot cheat people of their right to free will and picking and using any item they choose fit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
Bruzynski

Bruzynski

PostSubject: Re: Magic Treasure Division   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:54 pm

I'll take the bag of holding as my first pick and the lavender ioun stone as my second.
Back to top Go down
Bruzynski

Bruzynski

PostSubject: Re: Magic Treasure Division   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:55 pm

Oh and do we have a list yet?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: "The List"   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:31 am

Necklace of Missiles-1 missile remaining
Bastard Sword-weak alteration
Long Sword-weak alteration
Shield-weak alteration
Horseshoes-horse can be ridden w/o touching the ground (no tracks) for up to 12 hours/day w/o resting
Footman's mace-weak alteration
Quarterstaff-weak alteration
Gloves-*will only fit Bronwyn
-wearer can snatch any sort of hand-propelled missile out of the air
Book-will increase any good magic-user's skill
Leopardskin cap--the wearer may alter his appearence +/- 25 height, +/-50% weight
2 Daggers-weak alteration
short sword-weak alteration
shield-weak alteration
12 arrows +1
10 arrows +1
Incense of meditation (4 blocks)
Bag-strong alteration/conjuration/summoning
Dagger-medium alteration
Beads (2)-strong evocation
Chainmail-medium alteration
Boots-wearer carrying up to 200 lbs. may move at 24" base movement speed;+2 to armor class in unrestricted situations of combat movement
Bastard sword-weak alteration
Ring of Protection +1
Longbow-weak alteration
Plate mail-weak alteration
Shield-weak alteration
Longsword-weak alteration
Small stone-Lavender in colour, egg-shaped, absorbs spells up to 4th level,orbits owner's head
Incense of meditation-2 blocks
Cloak-90% chance of wearer being undetectable in dark or shadows;wearer may fly at 15" or change into a bat at night or underground, +2 protection
Dagger-weak alteration
Wand-fires magic missiles 2/round, command word "es-kar"
Ointment-when applied to wound/swallowed will heal wounds, cure poison or disease
Back to top Go down
http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

PostSubject: Re: Magic Treasure Division   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:08 pm

Methinks you forgot the ring of fire protection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic Treasure Division   Magic Treasure Division Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic Treasure Division
Page 1 of 1