Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:04 am

Is there a game afoot for Sunday??
Back to top Go down
kubera

kubera

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 am

I'm good for game but its up to Jonathan and his ability to get up here. He usually uses Viva which is on strike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Ahhh... I see. I thought he took the go (I did pick him up from the go station once).

We will have to see I Jonathan can find a non Viva carrier.
Back to top Go down
Jonathan

Jonathan

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:35 pm

Yeah, Viva is out. I think I'll just take the GO bus up.
Back to top Go down
http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 6:33 pm

OK... We're close to playing...

I am assuming Paul is still unavailable. Any word from Steve?

Any objections to me skyping for the 3rd time in a row? I'm about to enter month end and could use the extra sleep.

I think it was suggested we will be cleaning up after the battle for this session. Chasing down survivors, dumping the dead and wounded.

Me thinks we should collect some of the wounded from the battlefield and charm a few of them. They may be useful.
Back to top Go down
kubera

kubera

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:25 pm

I see no reason why captured/wounded orcs should not be cleaning up the mess they caused. That said we can only charm very 1 or 2 at a time.

Skeletons would serve the same purpose.Twisted Evil

I wish we had a way of implanting a suggestion in some of the wounded we would eventually parole or LET escape. "That battle between the mages look staged, Orcs kept getting killed but for some reason neather of the human mages seemed to any worse for their efforts."

We don't know that much about the culture of behaviour of Ogres and Orcs, They respect strength, could we not intimidate the escaping units into our service (temporarily). Squeeze out as much information as possible, slave labour for the brick works, convince them they were poorly used, wasted, or betrayed by poor leaders.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:10 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
kubera

kubera

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:14 am

Its a go!
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:29 am

kubera wrote:
Skeletons would serve the same purpose.:twisted:
Or zombies.

kubera wrote:
"That battle between the mages look staged, Orcs kept getting killed but for some reason neather of the human mages seemed to any worse for their efforts."

We don't know that much about the culture of behaviour of Ogres and Orcs, They respect strength, could we not intimidate the escaping units into our service (temporarily). Squeeze out as much information as possible, slave labour for the brick works, convince them they were poorly used, wasted, or betrayed by poor leaders.
Yes, we need to play the intelligence/mind game.
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:35 am

Wilhelm wrote:
Me thinks we should collect some of the wounded from the battlefield and charm a few of them. They may be useful.
Good idea. We can get them to report things that they witnessed that the non-charmed survivors may not have seen (so as not to arouse suspicions of charm); since battle is chaotic, it's plausible if not expected that no one will witness everything; thus, additional reported detail (e.g., our side had 20 giants, more spell-users, orcs on our side, that many of their forces surrendered, etc.) wouldn't seem out of place.
Back to top Go down
kubera

kubera

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm leery about letting them think we are too strong, Yes, that could discourage them or give the intell to that will lead to a significantly larger force next time.

The Giants are still a suprise we have not had to use, lets keep it that way. We build them a nice keep at new Parish, keeping the close enough to aid each other. Or mabye a nice fortified forest lodge up by the lake.

From the 3 previous battle they can probably guess how much magic we have available. Convincing them we have more just invites a bigger force next time. I'd rather surpise them with additional mages than have them expect mages we don't have. Rumours we start should show weakness, treachery or pool leadership on their side, not pump our reputations. If it comes down to who has more resources to blow Mak will win.
Back to top Go down
Wilhelm

Wilhelm

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Maybe we simply stick to reinforcing their failure as it stands...

2000 Strong of Tarosh Mak's finest with support from a contingent of elite wizards and priests (the best that gold pieces can buy), were defeated, routed and broken before they ever reached the walls of the enemy fortress. More disheartening was that the Cirdastan troops operated with impunity. Invisible, flying defenders delivered surprise attacks of fire, lightning and meteorites from the heavens wiping out the attacking force without presenting a viable target to retaliate against. So superior was the power of the forces of Cirdastan that not a single defender fell in the face of such overwhelming numbers. It seems clear that Tarosh Mak does not value or respect his soldiers - with promises of easy victory and a share of the spoils - the forces of the orc were unnecessarily led like lambs to the slaughter.

A new power has been reborn in the south... Cirda is back and she is strong.

This kind of rhetoric may also draw some additional support or followers.

I will see you folks on skype at 7pm...
Back to top Go down
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Showing (relative) weakness will draw more aggression. That's a fact of history. This logically means that the stronger we appear to be*, the less likely they will attack. If they do attack, we know they will use a much larger and more powerful force than before, anyway. An impression of great strength is the best (perhaps only) way to dissuade them from further aggression. This is why I suggested a truce--we don't need to grant concessions, and it helps their leadership save face.

*Wilhelm/Harcourt nicely summed up (just above) what they must think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns   Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oct Gaming AKA Cirdastan burns
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2