Checkerseekerdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the original Sunday Group.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rules for making items

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kubera

kubera

rules for making items Empty
PostSubject: rules for making items   rules for making items Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 pm

if you look starting at page 5794 on Jonathans shared skydrive

the description of item creation supports my arguement that anything that is not a permanent power does not need a permanency spell.

A protection ring would require it as would the + on a weapon or armour.
a chargable one like ring of ram or spell storage does not

Single use items do not require anything beyond the enchant

, it does not explain why but I think my arguement that the long process and special high quality materials allow the item to maintain its magic until used. I would think proper care of an item would be required however, an magic arrow left in an umbrella stand for 400 years would get dry, abraded and the feathers damaged, making it lose its magic.. stored in a hard quiver in a climate controled room it might last many decades or longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
SteveL

rules for making items Empty
PostSubject: Re: rules for making items   rules for making items Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Enchant an item spell description, Player's Handbook, 2E, p. 176:
Quote :
No magic placed on an item is permanent unless a permanency spell is used as a finishing touch. . . . Naturally, items that are charged--rods, staves, wands, javelins of lightning, ring of wishes, etc.--can never be made permanent.

Permanency spell description, Player's Handbook, 2E, p. 191:
Quote :
At the DM's option, permanency might become unstable or fail after a long period, at least 1,000 years. Unstable effects might operate intermittently or fail altogether.
Back to top Go down
http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/

rules for making items
Page 1 of 1