A forum for the original Sunday Group.
 
HomePortalGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 3 free kills

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kubera

avatar

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 53
Location : suburb of Kolab

PostSubject: 3 free kills   Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Ok you are now the leader of major country and you get 3 free assassinations to use, with now way of tracing it back to you

Who do you knock off?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
Jonathan

avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2008-08-16
Age : 52
Location : 47į 9'S 126į 43'W

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't know that I'd want anyone killed in cold blood. (Even if i could get away with it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jonathansadventuresinretail.blogspot.com/
Wilhelm

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2008-08-20
Location : Area 51

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:11 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilhelm

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2008-08-20
Location : Area 51

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 am

My reply to Jonathan's statement made no sense after re-reading his statement and has been removed

Ignore this post (here come the replies)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2008-08-15
Location : Camore

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:46 pm

Maybe the current North Korean dictator, or perhaps the leader of the former Soviet republican regime that apparently boils people to death. Get me a list of politicians with the highest body counts to their names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
kubera

avatar

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 53
Location : suburb of Kolab

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:32 pm


It really comes down to revenge and self satisfaction .. You think about the worlds biggest issues or biggest assholes and they are usually representative of the problems or system they are working in and its really quite unsure that you will solve a particular problem by offing the current leaders.

I agree Kim jung il is a knob but there is no reason to believe his son won't be the same, ditto for who ever the army moves forward to replace Robert Mugabe, Business leaders are even less effective targest to off as the coporations have a life of their own built into corporate culture, you could take out hole boards and eager young minions would kill each other for the chance to behave exactly the same.

So who are those few people who 1. deserve it? 2. who's deaths will inspire revolutionary action by those they've oppressed? 3. that english bookies will make odds on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2008-08-15
Location : Camore

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 pm

kubera wrote:
It really comes down to revenge and self satisfaction [...]
I view revenge as being unworthy of civilized humanity because, despite its emotional power, it's the recourse of those who can't govern their uglier instincts. What hero ever promoted revenge?

Sorry, didn't mean to quibble earlier. It's a fantasy; anything goes.

kubera wrote:
[...] its really quite unsure that you will solve a particular problem by offing the current leaders. [...]there is no reason to believe his son won't be the same, ditto for who ever the army moves forward to replace Robert Mugabe, Business leaders are even less effective targest to off as the coporations have a life of their own built into corporate culture [...]
Won't solve the problem of evil, of course, but I feel that an opportunity to neutralize thuggishness (the worst kind of behaviour, no?) ought to be taken. I do see your point, though, illustrated with a different example: a mugging. Stopping a mugger prevents an actual crime, whereas the elimination of an office holder doesn't necessarily stop anything. As Yoda might say, its own momentum has an institution.

Assassinating a political leader might give successors a pause (especially since I have more than one kill, and moreso if it's not known that I'm limited). (In fact, the assassination of enemy leaders might well curb much warfare.)

I wouldn't target business leaders, as they don't employ aggressive force apart from lobbying the state. But it's your choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2008-08-15
Location : Camore

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Rewrote/reworked previous post.


Last edited by SteveL on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2008-08-15
Location : Camore

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 pm

kubera wrote:
[...]

You think about the worlds biggest issues or biggest assholes and they are usually representative of the problems or system they are working in and its really quite unsure that you will solve a particular problem by offing the current leaders.

I agree Kim jung il is a knob but there is no reason to believe his son won't be the same, ditto for who ever the army moves forward to replace Robert Mugabe, Business leaders are even less effective targest to off as the coporations have a life of their own built into corporate culture, you could take out hole boards and eager young minions would kill each other for the chance to behave exactly the same. [...]
It seems you've come up with an argument for libertarianism. Do you see it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
kubera

avatar

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 53
Location : suburb of Kolab

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 pm

nope don't see it.

I suspect you want me to agree its the system that's the problem so we should do without the system. I do agree a lot of the problem is the system itself but like owning a broken toilet I don't give up and shit in the corner I try to fix it.

If I had to choose 3 I think one possible angle would be taking on those who are most dangerous to the open dissemination of information such as those who through concentrated ownership of western media stifle the range of political discourse to a very narrow spectrum. Having media that caters to a narrow view can be ok up to the point that facts are fabricated to support opinions. Alternate interpretation of data is valid, just making shit up is not, Ruppert Murdoch, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Karl Rove, Koch Brothers are all prime examples of those who do this or empower others to There are examples on the left side as well, and in Canadian media. Judging who does/has done the largest net disservice to the public would be rough choice.

Striking down major hypocrites might be options. Closet gay hate spreading homophobic preachers for example. Fiscal conservatives who ran on transparency but who are bankrupting our country under a veil of secrecy. Pro lifers who support execution. Damn I'd need a whole toe tag factory for that one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2008-08-15
Location : Camore

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:12 pm

kubera wrote:
SteveL wrote:
It seems you've come up with an argument for libertarianism. Do you see it?
nope don't see it.

I suspect you want me to agree its the system that's the problem so we should do without the system. I do agree a lot of the problem is the system itself but like owning a broken toilet I don't give up and shit in the corner I try to fix it. [Ö]

Since weíre talking about a persistent problem, trying to fix the toilet is like replacing an office holder. Neither suffices.

Although comically apt, the toilet analogy is weak. Letís try to make it work, anyway. The toilet is the office holder and the political system is the legally mandatory presence of a conventional toilet in your home. (Itís only mandatory for the purpose of the illustration.) The toilet canít be fixed and every replacement unit has an unfixable design problem (some are worse than others).

Thus, your toilet malfunctions but you are not permitted to seek another solution. All you can do is order defective replacements. To take the analogy a little further, we might still be using outhouses if we were denied the freedom to scrap that system.

Libertarians donít give up. They maintain that the decision of how best to manage human waste disposal in your home is yours to make. It is the non-libertarians, those who cling to politics, who wonít allow the problem to be solved and have thus given up. Because of them, we are forced to pay for faulty toilets through the political monopoly that they uphold.

If the replacement of an office holder is insufficient remedy, the larger organization is the greater problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
kubera

avatar

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2008-08-15
Age : 53
Location : suburb of Kolab

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 am

I realize no one ever gave me a list.. afraid Vic Toews is watching you?

I would say Rupert Murdock but he's too close to death to waste the effort.
Sheldon Adelson ditto
perhaps the Koch Brothers , but you must hit both to make a difference.

I think I'd stay to press types who have no sense of reality/truth. stay local, Canadian to intensify effect.
Ezra Levant for sure, he's just such an ass wipe, impact minimal, satisfaction high
Pierre Peladeau controlling owner of Quebecorp,, market concentration, bias and sleaze. impact moderate, satisfaction moderate.

Peter Mansbridge because he basically gargled Harper's balls last election while interviewing him.. 2 hours of softball questions pre screened by the PMO. That's not journalism

however I doubt any of these would actually make a big difference . 3 bodies in a sea of 7 billion (most of whom have power are pricks ) cannot fix anything.
Perhaps I should just go for shear satisfaction I would want the 3 kills to be instant and unknowingly triggered. the first 3 people who made my pissed off meter hit 11 would explode immediately , I just hope they are not driving in front of me when they go boom.Shocked

_________________
Characters

Sadech of GreyHawk via the Bandit Kingdoms - time traveler, warrior for good, war criminal, bootlegger
Rild , The bandit rild, The Dread Bandit Rild, The Dread Paladin Rild Sir Rild of Cirdastan , co founder of Cirdastan and Defender of Cirda
Kubera- a wild guy
Valdir Winterwind, boutique elf in the land of the square sea
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.canadiansilverbug.blogspot.com/
SteveL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2008-08-15
Location : Camore

PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Obama, Holder, Bloomberg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mailedfist.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 3 free kills   

Back to top Go down
 
3 free kills
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» 1 8" Pioneer bass tube. Free today only.
» Free parking for Sat golfers.. where?
» Nabokov released by SKA contract, now a free agent
» coolant...OAT, green, red, silicate free?
» side profile drawing of a a100 free have fun

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Checkerseekerdoors :: "Okay, you're in a tavern. . . ."-
Jump to: